|VIP Testing question - PLEASE, PLEASE ANSWER
Jan 19, 2001
Should I go at exactly 6 months or is it best to wait a bit after i.e. a couple of days, a week, a month????? Please help as I only want to go through one more test as the 3 month one was very difficult to wait for the results. Very Anxious.
| Response from Mr. Kull
That is a decision that you need to make based on what is going to make you most comfortable with your result. There is no exact moment that has been identified as a cutoff point for testing for every single person. The test will have a 99.9% accuracy after six months have elapsed since an exposure. The six month time frame would not be consistently used if the window period were actually six months and two days. But again, do what makes you comfortable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Types Of Cells Does Herpes 1 And 2 Affect?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.