Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Going mental, please help!
Feb 1, 2002

Dear Ryan,

I am about to go crazy so if you could provide me with any insight, I would be very appreciative. This is the second time I am asking you a question today because the more I think about this, the more freaked out I get!

5 days ago, I had a mutual masturbation session with a person of an unknown sero-status. He ejaculated first, and it took me about 2 minutes from that point to ejaculate myself. While I was masturbating, he stroked his hands (with possibly some semen on them) around my body, and I am scared that his cum may have come into contact with a zit on my back, which after taking a shower I found was bleeding slightly. I also had a 3-day old cut on my finger (right around the nail) which wasnt bleeding, but it felt "burning" later on that day.

Now I am totally freaking out, wondering if the guys cum came into contact with either the zit, or the cut on my finger. Does the fact that old cut was "burning" when I touched it, was enough to cause the virus to enter the bloodstream?!

Today I felt pain in my lymph nodes, on one side, underneath my jaw. It was such sharp pain that I thoght someone was putting a blade right through it. Is that a typical symptom, or do the lymph nodes have to be swallen as well?! That started to completely freak me out and I am about to lose it tonight. I asked the guy, and he said he was negative, but who knows if he was being honest or not!

THANKS A MILLION for your answer!

Response from Mr. Kull

HIV is not known to be transmitted in the ways you describe. HIV is known to be transmitted sexually through vaginal, anal and oral sex. There is no evidence that anyone has been infected through mutual masturbation. Unless you have deep, fresh wounds on your skin, it is tremendously unlikely that you would become infected through semen getting on your skin.

Hopefully, this will ease your mind a bit. If it doesn't, please consider talking with someone about the anxiety that you feel.

RMK

Previous
HIV ,BROKEN CONDOM & DETERGENTSOLUTION
Next
about the nose

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.