|Difference between ARS and AVS?
Jan 28, 2002
Hi, You sometimes use the term AVS and sometime ARS. Are they two different expressions for the same thing?
| Response from Mr. Kull
Yes. The symptoms/syndrome one may experience during the first months of HIV infection is often referred to in different ways: acute HIV (Type-1) infection, primary HIV infection, acute retroviral syndrome, and (primarily in this forum as far as I can tell) acute viral syndrome.
For information about acute HIV infection, please see http://www.thebody.com/nmai/acute_infection.html.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Difference Between ARS And HIV Symptoms
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.