I feel like a lab rat>>>>>>>>

Dr. Kull: I posted a question on January 15, 2001 "To Much Testing?" concerning the HIV tests at 6, 9, 11, & 12 weeks, I took another at 14 weeks, all negative. I had a full panel done on my blood work twice, both times one liver enzyme, and my calcium is elevated. I feel as though it is HIV and my doctor says no. I have had every symptom in the book for HIV, and it still shows negative. I showed him my tongue, he says that nothing. I showed him the red bumps on my chest, he said that was not a sign. I told him my joints were sore (legs, groin) he did not know why. I feel as though I am probably one of those "rare cases". Recently I was sent for a CT scan that did not reveal anything, and the doctor took more blood to check my vitamin D. What can I possibly do now? I was thinking on flying to NY to meet with you, as everyone around here think I am nuts.

Don't get on the airplane! You're HIV negative. That means that your symptoms are not related to HIV.

Instead of going to your doctor, think about trying a different approach. Believing that you have HIV, when the medical evidence says otherwise, may suggest that a psychological perspective on your problems could be productive. This does not negate the fact that you are uncomfortable; it just may be more useful in terms of alleviating your symptoms.

So, instead of seeing your physician next time you get the urge, consider seeing a psychiatrist, just to get another opinion.

RMK

Poz-to-Poz Reinfection?
Difference between ARS and AVS?