is it time to test for hiv

dear doctor, just over 1 year ago i had sex for the first time, i let someone put my penis in their mouth. 2 weeks later i had flu symptoms which lasted for a long time. since however i fully never recovered, i have a feeling in my throat for over a year and bad joint muscle pain in my legs. should i stop fooling myself i dont have hiv and go for a test. i went to a doctor 5 weeks after possible infection and they wouldnt test ,just said hiv was unlikely. am i the worlds first victim after receiving oral sex?

It is unlikely that you are the world's first case of HIV infection through receiving oral sex. Many people visit this forum worrying about the similar fate, but none have reported being infected this way.

See my response to "I did not know she was a prostitute" (http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q109872.qna) for more info.

RMK

OK to donate blood?
another nervous person