Genital Rash???

Hi, I was just wondering if there have ever been any cases you know of where the rash at HIV seroconversion was a genital rash. 3 years ago when I might have been exposed, I developed a rash on my vaginal that went away by itself. I had never had it before and never have since. I recently got tested for HIV and it came back negative, but would you recommend I get tested for HIV-2? The guy I might have caught this from (I'm a virgin, and gave oral sex to him....gross and stupid) was very promiscuous. Who knows who he might have slept with? Also he's had a couple kids with various girls so obviously he never thought too highly of protective. Besides any of the HIV viruses, do you know what might have caused this rash? Thank you

I cannot tell you what might have caused your rash since there are so many reasons why a person might develop one. Since your HIV test was negative, I see no reason to suspect that it was HIV-related. The only people that I recommend get an HIV-2 test are those who are from West African countries or have been in sexual or needle-sharing contact with people from that region. HIV-2 is not prevalent in other regions of the world.

RMK

embarrassed, yet concerned
I need help urgently!!!!