Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

timing
Oct 18, 2000

I wrote you a question about timing and no answer to date, I am sure others have similar so I hope you answer... Two incidents. I was tested a year after the last one. I know your answer is I am fine and that is what is important. For added "security" I am curious if it is safe to apply the following: Each guy was tested as well. One was tested 1 yr. and 10 months after our time together and he was negative. The other was tested 1yr. after our incident and was negative. Is it correct to do the math and think that therefore they were both negative at the time I was with them? Even though I can not account for what they did during the year or almost two years after in the one case? It seems from what I have read that these results would mean that they were in fact negative at the time I was with them....? Like I said I know your answer is, as long as I tested negative. But I "forced" both of these men to get tests after the fact just to be sure because I figured if they test negative a year after, regardless of what they did after me it would mean they were negative when they were with me, even if they had sex with someone else the day before me and that person was positive. It would show up by a year or almost 2 years, I would think? Or should I not think?

Response from Mr. Kull

If both of your partners tested negative a year after they had sex with you, then it is safe to assume that they were not HIV infected when they were with you. That would mean that you were not exposed to HIV when you had sex with them. Period.

RMK

Previous
anal sex step by step
Next
How?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.