The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Oct 19, 2000

last night I gave someone a blow job and he came in my mouth. I never let him because I know he's been with quite a few people but last night it happened so fast....he said he's been tested twice and he's negative but I'm not sure how recent his tests big worry is that sometimes my gums bleed when I brush my teeth...they haven't for a few days and I didn't brush them prior to the experience but I am really scared....I'll never let this happen again but I want to know if I am at a big risk....should I get tested or just calm down and remember to play it smarter next time? I'm really worried so please let me know what you think.

Response from Mr. Kull

Oral sex is considered a low-risk activity. The more semen you get in your mouth, the greater your risk for infection, but the risk would still be lower than unprotected anal or vaginal sex. This one time exposure does not constitute anything more than a low-risk encounter. I would recommend testing at least three months after this encounter, just to be sure.

It sounds like this situation scared you. Unfortunately, these things happen sometimes when you have sex. It's important to examine how it happened and do your best to prevent it in the future. Try not to let it interfere with your sex life. Communicating with a guy and asking him to let you know when he's going to cum makes it clear that you don't want him to cum in your mouth.


Gonorrhea and Long Term Effect
anal sex step by step

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint