Gonorrhea and Long Term Effect

I have been infected with penile gonorrhea twice in my life. That was 15 years ago and couple of weeks back. How serious is this? Is it true that gonorrhea is like a "common flu" in sexually transmitted diseases? Unfortunately, both the times it was thru penetrative vaginal or anal. But I think it was thru oral.

My friends argue that oral sex cannot transmit this disease.

Please advice.

If you get gonorrhea and you have it treated by a doctor, then there should be no long term consequences. You can get gonorrhea from someone performing oral sex on you if they have a gonococcal infection in their throat.

RMK

Is it true
AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?