Very Concerned

About a month ago I had protected vaginal intercourse with a prostitute. Ever since then I've been very concerned about HIV. The condom did not break, tear, or slip off, and since I was so nervous the entire act only lasted a few seconds. I'm married with a young son and I can't believe I did something so irresponsible. From reading other messages on your web site this act could be considered low risk. My question is what exactly does low risk mean? Should I be tested for HIV, and should I only have protected intercourse with my wife.

Well, you present a complicated situation. If you had protected intercourse with the sex worker and the condom did not fail, then I would say that you are at extremely low risk for infection. I'd like to say that there was no chance for infection, but that's impossible.

So what does this mean for your relationship? I unfortunately cannot tell you what to do. Your options range from talking with your wife about what happened to using condoms every time for sex and not telling her. While it is unlikely that you are putting your wife at risk when you have sex with her, it sounds like the emotional toll could be high for you.

RMK

thanks so much!!
Oral sex with women