Protected Sex with an incidence of vaginal bleeding

I am male 30 and healthy. I was involved in casual protected (condom) heterosexual sex with a partner of unknown HIV status. During intercourse she started bleeding from her vagina. This was supposedly a week after her last period. We immediately discontinued intercourse and I removed the condom and cleaned my penis with soap, water and then a 45% alcohol solution to remove traces of blood. I rechecked and my skin was unbroken and healthy. If my partner was HIV positive is there a high likelihood of my being infected?

Unless the blood came into contact with any mucous membranes (the lining of your urethra, anus, or mouth), then I would say that you were not at risk for infection. A condom without any breaks or tears is an effective barrier to HIV.

RMK

Scared to death!
Safer Sex?