Scab on Penis

Dear Dr.

I have a few questions. I had sex (Wearing a condom) with a woman whose Menstruation just ended but there was still blood during sex. I just want to know the HIV risk involved while having sex with a woman during menstruation. Does menstruation fluid contain the same HIV amount as in the blood? My other question is this: Is it possible to transmit HIV through scab (or scab like surface) on the penis shaft which doesn't bleed or tear during sex? Thank you.

Menstrual fluid is essentially blood, so it would be considered to be more infectious than vaginal or cervical secretions. If you were wearing a condom, it was used correctly, and it did not fail (tear, break, or slip), then the fact that there was menstrual blood is irrelevant. The condom would have remained an effective barrier in that situation.

It is highly unlikely that HIV would be transmitted through a scab.

RMK

TIME BOMB ON THE VERGE....
Thyroid Disease and Antibody Testing