Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Which is Correct??
Nov 8, 2000

Hi Ryan,

I am a male who was in a situation similar to previous postings ("TIME BOMB ON THE VERGE", and GirlFriend is Negative, am I?") in which my condom broke also. I withdrew when I felt it rip and I did not cum inside her. The situations in these two pervious posting seem the same yet I felt you had provided different answers. Which response is correct? How much of a risk of a risk am I in?

Thanks

Response from Mr. Kull

I think the differences in the responses are due to the nature of the questions. In both of those scenarios I suggested that infection was highly unlikely. The same would apply for you.

Maybe you are confused about the conversations about a partner's status. While you can never truly "know" your partner's HIV status, an answer is better than no answer at all. Talking with your partners can also alleviate any stress that the unknown might be causing you.

You should always get tested yourself to determine your own status. That is the only reliable known method for knowing your own status.

RMK

Previous
Oral Sex and Dry mouth
Next
Are their any statistics

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.