Great News!

Hi Ryan, I posted a question several months ago about a risk and I want to say thanks for that response! After much anxiety, I elected to go and get tested for HIV. I had not had a risky "experience" for years, but was starting to have joint pain, muscle aches, low grade fever, difficulty breathing and loss of appetite. I was truly convinced that it was HIV/AIDS knocking at my door to take my life. I thought about it 24 hours a day! It was terrible. Well, I got my HIV test back, and it was negative! Negative, negative, negative! It feels good to have "control" back in my life. I urge everyone who "thinks" they are infected to just go and get tested. It feels so wonderful to get that paper and see the great big "negative" written on it. I almost knocked my doctor to the floor when I gave him the biggest hug in the world! He was happy... I was happy. Thanks to everyone for posing there questions, they convinced me to get tested and to move on with my life. Much Love, Elated in Maine

Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that we were able to help.

I would also be curious to know if you think your symptoms were associated to your anxiety about HIV infection. Did the symptoms subside after you got your test results? Or do you think they were associated to something else? I think information about that might help others on this website who are experiencing confusion about their symptoms, but are low-risk.

Best.

RMK

Kissing Safety
Safe sex