HERPES and HIV...should i be scared?

today i found out i have genital herpes. i am a virgin and had oral sex with one person and became infected. is it true that having herpes can increase your risk of being infected with HIV? i am so down about having herpes....i thought i was being pretty safe abstaining...guess i am proof that it only takes once....but i am worried about my risk for HIV now......should i be concerned?

Active herpes sores coming into contact with HIV infected fluids theoretically increases your risk for HIV infection. A newly acquired herpes infection does not necessarily mean that you are at increased risk for HIV infection. It is important that you either abstain from sexual contact or use a condom during intercourse when you have active herpes lesions. This decreases your risk for HIV infection and decreases your partner's risk of getting herpes.

Please refer to my responses to Herpes and HIV and Does having herpes put you in high risk for HIV infection? for more information on this topic.

RMK

Most effective type of condom?
PLEASE HELP ME .I AM NOW TOTALLY FED UP