Shot in the Eye

Dear Ryan,

Kudos on an excellent answers to questions posted to you. I'm worried like hell and I hope that you would be able to help me.

Because I am in an exclusive relationship with a man, I do don't sleep around. However, a few days ago, I guy invited me up to his place and wanted to have sex with me. I refused but agreed to take off my clothes while he would jack-off.

He placed a copious amount of "Wet" lubrication and started jacking off furiously. A few minutes into it, a drop of liquid on his penis splased into my eye. This I believe was mostly lube but I'm certain could have included his pre-cum.

I have reason to believe that he is HIV positive and I am worried that he could have transmitted the virus to me this way. Would you be able to help me assess my risk here? Does lubrication kill the virus?

Thank you for your time and kindness...

The lining inside of the eye socket consists of mucous membranes. Therefore, HIV infected fluids coming into contact with the eye does pose a theoretical risk (infected fluids coming into contact with mucous membranes).

It is important to remember that transmission is highly unlikely when getting a drop of semen in your eye. We know this because sexual transmission of HIV is known to occur through vaginal, anal and oral sex. There is evidence that healthcare workers have been infected when getting HIV infected blood in their eye, but there is no evidence that people have been infected through getting semen in their eye.

Lubricant probably won't kill HIV.

RMK

I did not know she was a prostitute
Drugs Interaction