abnormal Pap smear #3

Dear Doctor, thank you for reading my question. I have asked many before and am waiting for an answer. I am 20, tested negative at 5 months. I had a pap done in sept and it was abnormal. I just got my follow up results today, and now I have class III abnormalities. I am scared to death and have to go in for LEEP and another procedure. Please help because I have gone a little mental and my parents are flying out to help me in college. I read on msn.com that one of the reasons for an abnormal pap is HIV infection. When I asked the docs they said that they are not related. Are they? Please tell me they are not, because now I am already facing future cancer. I also have something weird under my armpits, which the docs can not figure out, no rash or swollen nodes. They ache at times amd my skin feels like pins and needles. Please help me, I am losing my life out here alone. 5 months is good, even with a rapid ER test? Thank you for taking your time to read this, I really appreciate it.

All I can say is that a negative result at five months is a highly reliable result. I would also encourage you to trust your doctors opinions. It is unlikely that a recent HIV infection would cause an abnormal pap.

RMK

testing window question - need clarification
high risk for hiv?