|some reassurance please!!
Nov 20, 2000
I know that this is a stupid question and that everyone asks this question, but I am an extremely paranoid person who needs reassurance. I tested HIV-negative the other day after 6 months. I know to believe the results, I just need someone to tell me. (I got the test done in a hospital that did them for free-- is it still reliable?) Please answer, it would really mean a lot to me. Thanks.
| Response from Mr. Kull
Hospital testing is held up to the same quality standards as any other testing clinic in this country. A test at six months is considered by the Centers for Disease Control to be 99% accurate. That's an extremely reliable result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.