HIV positive antibodies in animals

I was told that hiv cannot survive in animals because it cannot reproduce however the following information listed in "Science Journal" is scaring me to death. "In HIV studies dogs and inbred mice were positive for one or more HIV antibodies, yet had never been infected". I was bitten by a dog who had bitten an hiv infected child so I have been trying to put this danger out of my mind as not being of any risk but after reading the above information I am extremely worried. Please, please explain what this means and if I indeed could be infected. I am terrified that I could have infected my husband and I am very scared.

I am not familiar with the article. Would you please forward me a link, if possible, or give me the specific information about the printed version of the article? I'd be happy to answer your question then. Thanks.

RMK

spent $1,000 dollars on tests-Am I OK
Unbroken skin and Hep B?