spent $1,000 dollars on tests-Am I OK

I recieved protected (with a condom) oral sex from a female sex worker in the UK this was my first time. It has been 2 months now and I am petrified that I might have caught HIV. I tested at 30 days with 3 types of antibody tests (elisa, cambridge capiluary and western blot) all negative. I also did a PCR test which was negative. My anxiety grew and now i can't sleep I repeated all the tests inclding the PCR at 40days from the incident all were negative again. I am very worried and avoiding any sexual contact with my wife because of what I did. The Doctor told me he is 100% sure I was not infected. Can he be? PLEASE HELP!!!! I have spent over 1,000 pounds on the tests and I am still not convinced.

I agree with your doctor in that it is incredibly unlikely that you are HIV infected. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that my two cents are not going to decrease your anxiety -- or your bill -- that much. Your difficulty in believing the tests and your doctor combined with the amount of money you have spent strongly indicates that your anxiety may be disrupting your life.

I'd like to suggest a solution that may be more productive than HIV testing: channel your funds towards finding some help with your anxiety. Read through Need your opinion for more information on anxiety.

RMK

Unprotected Anal Sex
HIV positive antibodies in animals