Tests tests tests...so many tests!!!!

Hey Doc.

I would first of all just like to thank you for all that you

are doing on this sight,you are helping many people including myself and I am sure eveyone is as grateful as me.

Doc, I had a risky encounter with a sex worker(vaginal) about 7 months ago,I did use a condom but did not check to see if it had broken.I have been tested many times.

Test at 1 month, Test at 2 months, Test at 3 months,

Test at 4 months, Test at 5 months...(all elisa) of which

all came back negative.I have also had 2 PCR-DNA tests..

1 at 2 months and the other at 3 months....Both negative.

Why I am still so worried is because I am still having strange symtoms.

I have strange pains behind my knees..which I have had for 4 months now which I worry are my glands, my arms ache occasionally also for about 4 months now. I also every now and again get a burning when urinating...Have been tested for std 6 weeks after exposure.

What I would like to ask are the following....

1)in regards to the std....Did I test to early?

2)Can symptoms caused by HIV last this long?

3)Does one have glands behind the Knees?

4)Does the use of recreational drugs (Weed and E) delay seroconversion?

5)Do I need the 6 month elisa or have I done enough testing?

I really would like your help as I now have a girlfriend who does not want to use protection as she is on the pill and is HIV negative and I really dont want to infect her if I have it.

I would just like to say "Thank You" again and wish that there were more people like you in this world.

Keep up the Great Work Doc.

1) You did not test too early for STDs.

2) Regarding the length of your symptoms: if your symptoms were being caused by a recent HIV infection, you would have more than likely had a positive result on one of the later tests. Symptoms of primary infection generally do not last for four months.

3) I do not know if you have glands behind the knees. I am not a medical doctor.

4) Weed and Ecstasy would probably not delay seroconversion to the degree that you talk about, but those drugs would probably affect your immune system's ability to fight infection and might lead to negative physical/emotional symptoms. Try not using drugs and alcohol to see if your symptoms subside.

5) By most standards you've done enough testing.

6) If you are still worried, talk to a mental health professional. You can also hold off on having unprotected sex with your girlfriend to reduce your anxiety.

RMK

Please help me!!! I'm very desperate
Any Change of view on Fingering?