herpes symptoms on the upper thigh

I have Genital Herpes i got it from my ex performing oral sex on me with a cold sore on his mouth, anyway my current boyfriend of 2 years wants to know if blisters can appear on the upper thigh in the bend of the pelvic area? He's only had this happen once, and i thought it was herpes, but i didn't know if blisters could appear there or not. Help so we will know.

It is possible. Genital herpes lesions can appear anywhere in the genital region -- vagina, vulva, penis, scrotum, testicles, anus, buttocks, and thigh. When one has a genital herpes simplex virus infection, the virus travels up nerve pathways and rests at the base of the spine where it remains "dormant" or "latent." When the virus is triggered or reactivated, it travels down the nerve pathways to the skin where it might cause sores or lesions. The nerves in the genital region -- thighs, genitals, anus, and buttocks -- are connected, so theoretically an infected person can have consecutive outbreaks in different areas of the genital region. A genital infection will not travel to other areas of the body.

You really won't know if your partner had a herpes lesion on his thigh because you didn't have the opportunity to have it examined. If it was a herpes sore, it's very possible that he won't get another sore in the future. If he does, have a doctor examine it while it is active so you can get an accurate diagnosis.

For more information about herpes, you can call the National Herpes Hotline at (919)361-8488.

RMK

question asked 5x
encouraging their behavior...