question asked 5x

Ryan-

please answer this question. I have had the worst joint pain for three weeks now. It's horrible, all over-wrists, knees, elbows and hands. I tested negative a week into the pain. I also came off paxil, so could this be paxil withdrawl? I tested negative 30 days after unknown exposure. What is your knowledge regarding joint pain and HIV? danielle

First of all, I am not in the habit of diagnosing symptoms over the internet. Anytime you do get a diagnosis of that sort you should always back it up with your primary care provider's opinion. You do not present enough information to suggest the likelihood of your being infected with HIV. Get an HIV test if you think you are at risk for infection and if you think these symptoms might be associated with HIV.

Have you tried talking with the doctor who prescribed your medication? It is possible that your symptoms could be associated with discontinuing Paxil. Psychotropic medications that fall into the class of SSRIs -- like Paxil -- can cause psychological and/or physical withdrawal symptoms, especially if you discontinue the medication suddenly without the supervision of a psychiatrist or other medical professional. Talk to your doctor.

RMK

When to be tested, 3 or 6 months?
herpes symptoms on the upper thigh