To Much Testing?

Dr. Kull: I have been going crazy for the last 3.5 months. I made a mistake one night with a female sex worker and the condom broke. I tested for STD's, all negative, and for HIV at 6, 9, 11, & 12 Weeks, all came back negative. My only problem is I have every symptom you could imagine, sore joints, blisters in mouth, and extreme lethargy. This mistake has ruled my life, and my doctor thinks I am crazy. I am going to see a psycologist tomorrow. What I would like to know is what are my chances at this point?

A negative test at twelve weeks (which is about three months) means that you are not infected with HIV. You've had plenty of HIV tests and do not need to perform any further testing. If your doctor does not believe that your symptoms are related to HIV infection and your HIV tests are negative, then HIV is not the cause of your symptoms.

Using the term "crazy" probably does not accurately describe what's going on with you. It sounds like you are anxious, and it may be more useful to look at the cause and symptoms of your anxiety and the best ways to treat it. It's great that you are going to see a psychologist; that may be an important step in dealing with the complicated feelings that you are having.

RMK

Is HIV consider a viral infection
Condom broke.Chance of infection?