Comment and anxiety

Hello Dr. Kull. I was hoping that you could put this on the forum to help other. For abt. five months, I had been experiencing anxiety after an occurance of receiving oral sex with a condom. I had seen on other websites that there were some risks which scared me. I kept debating to myself if I should get tested for this. This was until I found your site. After looking through the forum, I saw that my risk was low and practically non-existent. I saw that testing was not recommended since it was a negligible risk. I think pretty much the feeling of gloom and doom I experienced was not out of the risk of getting HIV, but out of guilt, since I received oral sex from a guy (experimenting.) I would like to thank you for getting my life back together. Your forum has told me that I'm not at real risk for HIV and testing is not needed. You are helping a lot of people with their concerns.

Glad that I was able to help. It is encouraging that you were able to apply the factual information about HIV transmission to your personal experience and that led to a deeper understanding of your own risk and psychological dynamics. Hopefully you can take this a step further and look at the guilt you feel about experimenting with guys; understanding your guilt can be an important tool in your development.

RMK

Insertive Fellatio VS Kissing
transmission through fecal matter?