Oral Sex and Lambskin Condom

Hi Ryan

What are my chances of getting HIV by receiving oral (I am a male)from a girl whose mouth was bleeding and the condom used was a lmabskin one. I saw blood on the condom when I withdrew from her mouth. This has me worried. Thanks.

Your risk for infection with HIV from receiving oral sex without a condom is practically negligible. See http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q99072.qna. If your partner was infected, having blood come into contact with your mucous membranes poses a risk for infection, but the lambskin condom would have minimized that contact. Lambskin condoms are not ideal for disease prevention, but we can assume that the lambskin condom was better than no condom at all.

Some laboratory studies have shown that viruses, like HIV, hepatitis, and herpes, can pass through pores in natural membrane condoms (like lambskin). Natural membrane condoms are not recommended for disease prevention. Latex condoms are superior to lambskin in preventing the transmission of viruses. Latex condoms should be used each and every time you have sex. The fact that a condom was used, even though it was lambskin, is better than no condom at all. There is anecdotal evidence that people have been infected with HIV and STDs while using lambskin condoms during vaginal or anal sex. There is still no evidence that people are infected through receiving oral sex.

RMK

a BIG thanx!!!
Insertive Vaginal Sex - Did you say 1 in 500 with infected partner