The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Jan 9, 2002

HI Doc, I was with a prostitute 3 week ago and she only gave me a hand job and a blow job.. Next day i had pain in my penis and My doc told me it is UTI soi i took antibiotic and it went away . Yesterday I had head ache Sore thoath and fever 38.9 degress .. Today the fever is gone but i still have little bit of sore thoath and a mild headache .. Do you think i might have contracted HIV.

Response from Mr. Kull

There is no evidence that HIV is spread through mutual masturbation or through receiving oral sex.

Transmission of HIV can occur when HIV infected fluids (like semen, blood or vaginal secretions) come into contact with your mucous membranes (the urethra of your penis, your rectum, or mouth). If this doesn't happen during sex, then transmission is practically impossible. Saliva, the fluid that comes into contact with your penis when you receive oral sex, is not implicated as a fluid that transmits HIV.

Sexual transmission of HIV is known to be spread through the following three ways:

1) Anal sex, receptive or insertive

2) Vaginal sex, receptive or insertive

3) Oral sex, receptive fellatio or insertive cunnulingus (transmission to the person whose mouth is on the genitals)

If your sexual behavior does not fall into any of the above categories, then it is EXTREMELY unlikely that you will become infected through sexual contact and that your symptoms are related to HIV infection.


Genital warts
mutual masterbation,help

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint