Dr. office vs. Home Access

I just received a negative result on a Home Access test taken after 5 weeks from receiving oral sex. I noticed in the forum that you stated that an Elisa test would catch most infections at 3 weeks and virtually all at 3 months. The Home Access literature talks about the Elisa test also. Can I assume that the Home Access would also catch most infections at 3 weeks?

Because I say that most people will develop a detectable level of antibodies in about three weeks, as measured by the ELISA test, does not mean that you should determine you HIV status based on a three week test. Since you will have to wait at least three months for an accurate result, testing prior to the three month mark is not completely meaningful.

The Home Access tests use the ELISA screening method, the same that you would get if you received an antibody test through a clinic or doctor's office. See (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Testing/Q38532.qna) for more information about home testing.

RMK

anal vs vaginal
Genital warts