ARS, strep

I am driving myself crazy and I can't function because I am so worried about whether or not I have HIV. I am a 22 year old female and I had unprotected vaginal and oral sex in which the 20 year old male ejaculated outside my body. I have no reason to believe he is HIV positive but no reason to believe he isn't. I don't know whether or not there was any preseminal fluid inside me though. This exposure happened early morning Dec. 2. By Dec.4 I wasn't feeling very well and my throat was bothering me . By Dec. 5th I had a fever, body aches, no appetite, congestion, earaches, headaches, and I could barely swallow. I went to the doctor on Dec. 7th and he diagnosed me with strep throat, although he did not perform a culture. I was put on antibiotics and about 12 hours later I was feeling a lot better. After the course of antibiotics, I had a flare up again on Dec. 21 and my throat became sore again. After a couple of days of antibiotics it felt better again. I also have had diahrea and yeast infections, but I thought maybe those were caused by antibiotics. I was wondering if this could be ARS? I am going to get tested, but I know it is too soon to get any definitive answers. Please please help me.It would mean a lot.I am really scared.

It's difficult to tell you what your symptoms were/are related to; your medical doctor would be the best judge of that. The fact that you were diagnosed with strep throat, your symptoms occurred two days after exposure (that's probably too early for ARS), there is no evidence that your partner was at significant risk for infection, and this is a season when a lot of people get the flu, it is not likely that these symtoms were related to HIV.

Get tested at three months to put your mind at ease. That is really the best way to determine your HIV status. If your symptoms continue or worsen, see a doctor.

RMK

A Follow up question
Shared Sex Toys