Is a 7 month 1 week test conclusive?

Dear Ryan,

I recently went for a 7 months 1 week HIV test from the last possible exposure (insertive vaginal sex with condom with prostitute) and the result reads HIV 1 & 2 AB (BY ELISA)- nonreactive. Is this mean I am not infected for HIV 1,2 what strains? Whether it is necessary to test further? Do I need to test for HCV & HLTV? Is it necessary?

Also last time when I went for a number of times from 28 days to this in another anonymous test centre they used to take blood by fingerstick device (one time disposable). But they avoid the pippetting and directly collect the blood from injury to the collection pad on the test strip. Sometime the injury touches the test strip pad. Will this cause HIV infection? from the test strip pad(Abbott determine Rapid test). Is there any live virus on the new test pad (just the seal opened)? Please answer.. Thanks

Your result was HIV negative, which means that you are not infected with either HIV-1 or HIV-2. Getting tested 7 months after exposure is more than enough time to wait for accurate testing. Unless you have shared injection needles or received a blood or blood-products, there is probably no need for you to be screened for hepatitis C virus (it is unlikely that you would be infected with HCV through sexual contact).

You will not get infected with HIV when getting tested for HIV. Precautions are taken to protect you from exposure to infections. There is no evidence that people get infected this way.

RMK

Overly Concerned Mom??
Is H.I.V Transmission possible through breast secretion?