Oct 30, 2008
I may be starting HIV treatment soon and, due to another medical condition, find it almost impossible to swallow pills above a certain size. How readily available are medications by suspension?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, some antiretrovirals are available in liquid/suspension form, as we use the same medications for young children. Talk to your HIV specialist about your concerns. He should be able to advise you of your best options for an effective regimen in a dosage formulation you're able to tolerate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Open Mouth Kissing Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Swallowing Cum Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Do Night Sweats Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Red Eyes An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.