RISKY ANAL SEX WITHOUT EJACULATION

I have 2 questions: Question 1: 1 1/2 months ago, having oral sex with a female friend of mine when she requested that I penatrate her anally. I thought she was HIV-, but she just took the home test and tested positive. I did not use a condom and I was only lubricated with her saliva. I put it in and it was only in for about 30 seconds when she asked me to take it out because it hurt. I did not ejaculate and there were not cuts or scratches on my penis. I thought it was low risk because if anything I would be transferring body fluids to her (I am/was HIV-). But since. I've heard many condtradictory stories from my friends. I now KNOW it was risky, but what are the chances I could have contracted HIV this way? I do plan on being tested at 3 months, but I'm petrified and would like an ounce of consolation for then next month and a half that I'm not 100% at risk. Question 2: About 2 weeks ago I got these 3 tiny bumps on the base of my penis. When irritated, the get large, but if they go untouched for days, they disappear. I've read about warts being connected with HIV, but could they show up this soon? It may be acne since I am acne prone, but I'm totally paranoid at this point. Thanks for your help, Please respond ASAP.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

You are considered at high risk of HIV infection, although it's not a guarantee that you'll be infected. While having unprotected anal sex with her (especially with only saliva with a lubricant), there is a high probability that you were exposed to her blood. During anal sex, there is a lot of friction that occurs that can lead to microscopic cuts and abrasions on the head of the penis. These cuts may be so small that you can't see them. This can allow the virus to enter your bloodstream. The more times a person has sex with someone whose infected, and the longer they have sex, the greater the chance for infection to occur. Considering that she tested positive on the test, all I can say is that you are at risk of infection yourself.

I strongly suggest you get tested yourself. But remember it can take up to 6 months to show positive on the test. In regard to the accuracy of the test:

The AVERAGE period of time that an infected person will show positive on the test is 25 days. This is an average, so not all people will test positive by this point in time.

The USUAL period of time that an infected person will show positive on the test is 3 months. This means that most (but not all) infected people will show positive on the test by this time.

The MAXIMUM period of time that an infected person will show positive on the test is 6 months. By this point in time, more than 99% of infected persons will show positive on the test. This is as accurate as any test in medicine could ever be.

For the most accurate test result, you must wait 6 months after your last possible exposure to the virus (or anytime afterward). At 6 months, the tests are more than 99% accurate. If you get tested before the 6 month waiting period, you could have the infection but the test won't pick it up.

As for those little bumps on your penis that you were talking about, I strongly suggest you see a physician while you are having the symptoms to determine whether it is an STD or not. Genital warts would not disappear like what you described. They would stay with you. But I do strongly suggest you see a physician while you are having the symptoms. I also strongly suggest you start using condoms for protection EVERY TIME with EVERY PARTNER. This is for 2 reasons. If you became infected from this encounter, we don't want you to expose anyone else to the virus. Also, if your symptoms are due to an STD, we don't want you giving anyone else that STD. The other reason is that you may have been very lucky this time, and might not have been infected with HIV/STD's. Next time you may not be so lucky. Think about it!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Is it safe to drink your own semen?
Transmission of HIV to partner