Are their any statistics

Hi, I was wondering. If you have sex with someone who is positive one time and you are the insertive partner in your

thoughts would you be at high risk? I've heard normally it requires more than one encounter to catch HIV. Although I understand you can get it from one encounter. Just curious?

Please refer to my response to Sercodiscordant male couple anal sex. The links in that response explain statistics about the likelihood of infection per contact with an HIV positive person.

Statistics about per-contact risk do not provide a very clear picture about how infection happens. It's possible that one person can get infected by having unprotected sex with an HIV positive person once while a different person will not get infected when having unprotected sex with an HIV positive person five times. All of my responses in this forum highlight the fact that HIV infection does not happen automatically. Certain factors need to be met for transmission to occur. The more times you have unprotected sex, the greater the odds are that those factors for infection will be met. That doesn't mean that those factors won't be met the first time.

RMK

Which is Correct??
Is it true