HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Which fluids won't work?

I am an HIV/AIDS educator and I take great pains to give information that I know to be factual. However, I have a colleague who in her presentations, teaches that you can't take HIV/AIDS meds with "grapefruit juice." She says that if you do that the meds will not work. I have never read or heard of any research that supports this. I don't believe this is accurate, but I want to get an expert opinion to be sure. Can you help?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Grapefruti juice will interfere with absorption of many medications because of the high acidity and other substances in it. It is best not to chance it, even though most meds are fine. So take your meds after breakfast when the juice is already past the stomach. DTD

A question of resistance?
viral load