Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ADVICE PLEASE
Nov 27, 2001

hello doctor i have been positive from last 3 years. right now i am taking following anti viral medecine. staviduian 40 mg twice a day. lamivirduina 120 mg twice a day and neverpine 200 mg twice a day. my last mounth cd4 count was 270 and viral load was 4946 kmq. i want to known which are the other nedecine is avilable to improve the body resisatance. and upto what time i have to continue this medecine. please reply me at your earliest

Response from Dr. Little

There is a fairly long list of available antiretroviral medications that might be of benefit to you. It is really impossible to advise you on what drug or combination of drugs to take next without knowing all of your past treatment hisotry and drug intolerances/toxicities. It sounds like a good place to start might be with a resistance test given that your viral load is nearly 5,000 and you are on therapy. It is quite possible that you have developed lamivudine and/or nevirapine drug resistance. I would discuss these options with your doctor. Good luck.

Previous
PML and resistence to all
Next
Changing dosage of Stavudine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.