HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

ADVICE PLEASE

hello doctor i have been positive from last 3 years. right now i am taking following anti viral medecine. staviduian 40 mg twice a day. lamivirduina 120 mg twice a day and neverpine 200 mg twice a day. my last mounth cd4 count was 270 and viral load was 4946 kmq. i want to known which are the other nedecine is avilable to improve the body resisatance. and upto what time i have to continue this medecine. please reply me at your earliest

Response from Dr. Little

There is a fairly long list of available antiretroviral medications that might be of benefit to you. It is really impossible to advise you on what drug or combination of drugs to take next without knowing all of your past treatment hisotry and drug intolerances/toxicities. It sounds like a good place to start might be with a resistance test given that your viral load is nearly 5,000 and you are on therapy. It is quite possible that you have developed lamivudine and/or nevirapine drug resistance. I would discuss these options with your doctor. Good luck.

PML and resistence to all
Changing dosage of Stavudine