HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Triomune is the world's first fixed-dose formulation containing a combination of 2 widely used nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (stavudine and lamivudine), with 1 potent non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (nevirapine). Triomune can be taken twice daily, irrespective of food.

Is there anything like this in US drug market?

Response from Dr. Pavia

I am not familiar with the brand name of the combination you mention. It is an attractive combination since the three drugs are often prescribed together in the US. However, the combination is not produced in the US or Europe.

It must be produced by a generic manufacterer overseas. Stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine are each under patent to different pharmaceutical companies, and could only be produced in the US or any other country that follows the GATT patent laws, is if there was an agreement between the companies to co-market.

Shall I medicate?
re kaletra without food