HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Resistences to azt & ddc

These were the only two resistences that came up in my test. And my question is which meds arent cross resistent to these two?. Can I take videx? Thank you

Response from Dr. Little

If you were told that you had resitance to azt and ddc, and do not have resistance to ddI (videx), then this might be a reasonable choice for you. In order to really recommend this, I would need to know your viral load and whether you had ever taken any other antiretroviral medications. There is no direct cross resistance though that would prevent you from taking ddI if you have the typical resistance mutations to azt and ddc.

Lamivudine (not) resistant after 6 months
Double protease inhibitor regime?