|Adherence to HAART and Resistance (9/11)
Sep 18, 2000
You know, now that you ask me, I'm not sure where I heard about what you referred to as the "90 minute rule" with protease inhibitors. I think it may have come up during a discussion with my doctor regarding the importance of not missing doses. Regardless of this aside, my question is whether there are any data regarding how stringently one must conform to the q12h and qD dosing in my regimen (sustiva, 3tc, d4t) to minimize the development of resistance. Will being a couple of hours off here and there make a discernible difference?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
To my knowledge there has not been a study.
PCR testing conditions, aerosol contamination
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.