HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

genotyping

Just a quick questions. My doctor wants to do a genotyping test. Can you please tell me what that is for how is it done? what will it tell him? and how will this help me? what are they looking for

Please help

Your doctor is looking for evidence of drug resistance that your virus has developed as a consequence of HIV meds. Or alternatively, if you are newly infected, whether you received a drug resistant strain of virus. Genotyping looks at the genetic code of 2 HIV genes for mutations known to confer HIV drug resistance.

MH

VIRAL LOAD
Adherence to HAART and Resistance (9/11)