HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Failed all drug combos

I have had all the med combos fail me and am willing to take a multi-drug program (5 or more meds). Is there any info on this and how can I decide which to mix. My doctors are not helping in the area I live in TX. I have had zero T cells since the first test six years ago, they thought I had 6 mos. to live, but I'm still here! Please advise me! Thanks - mponyboy@earthlink.net

Response from Dr. Little

This is not a simple decision at all. If you are not comfortable with your HIV care provider, then I would look for another. There may be research study options in your area that would be beneficial as well. You might even be willing to commute a short distance if there were a study option with investigational drugs that might be of benefit to you. If you are not comfortable discussing this with your HIV care provider, then perhaps you could look into your local HIV community-based organizations. They can often give you a great deal of support and help in finding other options for your care. Good luck.

Only two left!
Resistant to everything