HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Resistance lab locations

I've been told by my IDS that there's a resistance lab in either Chicago or Minneapolis. However, I can't seem to find anyone that knows where they're located. My doctor has discontinued my regimen and I would like to be tested for drug resistance. I've been on most of the most recent drugs with limited (if any) benefit. My viral load is currently around 110,000 and my t-cells seem to be holding in the 170-range. Can you suggest a facility I can contact in my area?

Thank you for your help.

You don't really need a "local" lab for the test. But you will need a lab that can draw your blood and get it to one of the major referral labs that does the testing. Look at the January 2000 issue of POZ magazine on page 66. There is a table that lists all the labs and their phone numbers.

MH

genotyping before starting meds
Resistance Test