HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Would I be resistent to the drugs that the person who infected me is taking?

Thanks for having this site and the wonderfull support you give to us 1. I was wandering if you think I would I be resistent to the drugs that the person who infected me is taking? 2. Can it be proven after a year that we have the same strain of the virus or they tend to mutate? 3. Let's say about 1 year after infection, can it be proven that this person infected me (considering he is on meds and I am not due to undetectable viral load and very good cd/4-cd/8 ratio)? 4. If I were to try and prove the infection was done by this person. Is it performed through Genotype or Phenotype tests? 5. What do those tests mean exactly? 6. What approach would you take normally "hit hard and early" or wait due to resistence issues especially if the immune system of the person seems to control the infection well?

A year after infection, in the absence of continued exposure, it would be unlikely to find the original virus in your blood. Some features of the transmitted virus will be the same, but in the absence of treatment in you, we can't detect resistant virus that is in the background given the current sensitivity of the resistance assays and no drug pressure. This would go for either geno (looking at the molecular sequence) or pheno (growing your virus in the presence of HIV drugs) testing. We couldn't detect it in you anyway because you are undetectable. I would not recommend starting treatment in you yet, given your numbers. MH

Strange Genotype Results
Resistance .. Long-term prognosis