HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Viral Load Undetectable but Tcell going down 2

Dear doc. In regard to my first question (Feb 17) You did not comment on the second part of my question.That is: If the virus mutates and develops a new strain of virus in the body, will this new strain of virus be visible through the currently used testing methods? Can I have 2 strains of virusses, one vissible and one unvissible? Thanks ER

Sorry. The virus already exists in you as many strains. Yes, you can "visible and invisible" strains at the same time. If the mutant strain gets above 30-50%, we can detect it with currently available methods. Strains with mutations below this level may be present, but undetectable because of the limits of technology. MH

Another type of resistence testing
viral load up again I think I need resistance test