HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Another type of resistence testing

Due to the fact that I am positive and my lover is not and we had unsafe sex before I knew, I was wandering, I heard that some people are resistent to the virus and there is a test to determine that, Can you tell me what the name of the test is?

In addition to the CD4 receptor on cells, HIV requires certain "coreceptors" to gain entry into cells. One of these is refered to as CCR5. Recently people have been found to have a 32 base deletion in this gene, which in some studies has been associated with protection from HIV. There are some labs that are offering tests which determine CCR5 receptor genetics. MH

Genotypic Testing Trial
Viral Load Undetectable but Tcell going down 2