|Another type of resistence testing
Mar 22, 2000
Due to the fact that I am positive and my lover is not and we had unsafe sex before I knew, I was wandering, I heard that some people are resistent to the virus and there is a test to determine that, Can you tell me what the name of the test is?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In addition to the CD4 receptor on cells, HIV requires certain "coreceptors" to gain entry into cells. One of these is refered to as CCR5. Recently people have been found to have a 32 base deletion in this gene, which in some studies has been associated with protection from HIV. There are some labs that are offering tests which determine CCR5 receptor genetics. MH
Genotypic Testing Trial
Viral Load Undetectable but Tcell going down 2
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Disorders Cause Back Pain?
- Epididymitis Symptoms Causes Treatment
- Can Cunnilingus Cause Hiv Transfer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.