HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

follow up to PEP questions

Dear Doctor, Thank you for your response to my questions. I will follow up as you reccomend. I have another sticking point that you could help me clear up. Is PEP able to supress the bodies ability to produce antibodies? In other words, can I have faith in my status if I test negative one year out? I worry that I could have a low level of remaining virus that could infect my future partner if I have a child. Is it possible for PEP to supress the virus to such an extent that I never seroconvert, but have an undetectable level of virus. Is this paranoid or faulty logic, or a legitiment concern. If it is a concern how can I resolve it? Thank You

Response from Dr. Little

treatment may delay seroconversion, but will not prevent the formation of antibodies to HIV.

Re: Drugs
TOXIC