|follow up to PEP questions
Aug 10, 2001
Dear Doctor, Thank you for your response to my questions. I will follow up as you reccomend. I have another sticking point that you could help me clear up. Is PEP able to supress the bodies ability to produce antibodies? In other words, can I have faith in my status if I test negative one year out? I worry that I could have a low level of remaining virus that could infect my future partner if I have a child. Is it possible for PEP to supress the virus to such an extent that I never seroconvert, but have an undetectable level of virus. Is this paranoid or faulty logic, or a legitiment concern. If it is a concern how can I resolve it? Thank You
Response from Dr. Little
treatment may delay seroconversion, but will not prevent the formation of antibodies to HIV.
- Dark Bumps After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.