Jul 19, 2001
I was infected five months ago, diagnosed two months later (bDNA 191,000 CD4 391 23) and began treatment in late April (bDNA 72000 CD4 632 22. Eight weeks later, in late June (bDNA 345 CD4 627 33). My doctor was disappointed; viral load should be less than 50 by now, according to him. I havent missed a single pill of AZT 3TC Viracept and Sustiva (15 pills a day!) I thought a 2 log decrease at 8 weeks was pretty good. Should I be disappointed, too?
Response from Dr. Little
No - I think you are doing fine - I suspect that your doctor simply wants to see you do well and wants to see your viral load drop below 50. In fact, it often takes 16-24 weeks to see the viral load drop to less than 50. You have made an excellent start!
Viral load up from undetectable....
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.