Jul 19, 2001
What are the ways you can get AIDS?
Response from Dr. Little
HIV - is what I assume you are referring to - is acquired through sexually intimate contact with someone who is HIV infected, shared needle use with someone who is infected, or accidental exposure to an HIV infected fluid (laboratory accident, transfusion of blood products that are infected, etc). AIDS is the end result of untreated HIV infection and simply means HIV infection associated with advanced immunosuppression (a weak immune system more prone to certain infections and cancers)
- Is Dna By Pcr Accurate After One Week Hiv?
- Aids Symptoms Just Before Death
- What To Take To Suppress Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
- Tingling In Hands And Feet With Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.