|can dual drug therapy cause resistance?
Jul 19, 2001
Dr. I have been taking epivir, ziagen and zerit withgreat success. I have no side effects and my T- cell count has risen and viral load is undectable. Because of an insurance glich I wont have coverage for a month or more. I currently have plenty of the zerit and epivir left but no Ziagen. Should i take those 2 without the ziagen or just stop them all until I have theziagen again?
Response from Dr. Little
NO - if you cannot take all of the drugs in your regimen, you are better off stopping them all until you can start all of them together again. Drug resitance will be a major concern if you drop one drug (any one) from your current regimen.
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Afraid Of Having Undiagnosed Hiv Infection
- Are Dialysis Patients Tested For Hiv?
- Can Eye Infection Be A Symptom Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.