HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Hepatitis B & testing

Dear Sir,

I have gone through 2 complete sets of Hepatitis B Vacinations few years ago and at that time the doctor found that my body is not able to produce Hepatitis B Antibodies. However, I am very healthy.If I have risk on HIV infection, will my body produce the antibody ? What test to be done to I make sure that I am not infected with HIV is this situation ?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

About 5-10% of people will not make detectable antibodies to HBV. However, that is not the case with HIV. The only time that HIV antibody is negative is during the acute infection. That should not be a worry. You should still practice safe sex however! DTD

Resistance question
a following test