HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

Dear doctor,

I am in desperate because I heard the special cases of AIDS. A Korean doctor said he had seen the African AIDS positive case at 2 years in an AIDS magazine. So, he said the special cases of AIDS will not test positive at 6 months after an exposure. I am just single normal Korean woman. I am afraid if I will not be tested at 6 months because I don't know who are the special cases. It made me be nervous.

Question; 1. What is the problem that the special cases of AIDS will not produce the AIDS antibodies at 6 months? Pls let me know the reason. 2. Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

I am worrying about if I will be in the special cases of AIDS since I heard it. It is hard for me to take the yearly testing for the rest of my life if it will not appear at 6 months.

Pls answer me ASAP. My email is ; ksej@hotmail.com Thanks

Response from Dr. Little

There are not special cases of HIV/AIDS. There are a few subtypes of HIV that are a bit more difficult to detect, but none are so difficult that we cannot determine with 100% certainty that someone is or is not infected. If you are worried about contracting a more difficult type - you should contact someone who can advise you on whether you are really at risk and if so what constitutes appropriate testing.

drugged in Thai x 2
Resistance question